Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Tron: so it's about the shipping container house

I know I've been away awhile, but blogging can be like that. What with work, children and having to go and see children's movies to appease the mother guilt of working and having children. I lost nearly three hours of my life yesterday watching Tron, a movie best suited to 9-year-old boys, 10-year-old boys and my own children.
Watching Tron did inspire me to blog, mainly because I wished I had a laptop in front of me while I was in the cinema. I rather liked the main character Sam Flynn, purely for aesthetic reasons. But I particularly liked his shipping container house. V cool, I thought, as 3-D glasses slipped from my nose and made the world all blurry again. The set design the rest of the world - and Dwell - talked about didn't really thrill me at all. It seemed so contrived and expected ... a bit like the plot of Tron.

Related renovation stories:



Pictures: LA Times

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back! I'm down for Yogi Bear this holidays. Fortunately, Tron not on the radar as yet. But the house is kind of cool. if you like that sort of thing...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to chat!

Related Posts with Thumbnails